Last modified: December 8th, 2022 at 12:37 pm
Apple released iOS 14.7 to the public just as the new MagSafe battery pack hits the stores. This new update focuses on hardware and accessory improvements with minor software updates to Apple Music and Maps.
What’s new in iOS 14.7?
Arguably, the most exciting feature of this update is that iPhone 12 (family) users can now use the new MagSafe battery pack. It was speculated that this update would be out before the MagSafe battery is available to the public.
The HomePod timer experience has also been improved. It now lets you manage timers on the Home app instead of relying on your voice to do so.
The Apple Card update announced in April is finally live with this new update. Two Apple card users can now merge their accounts if they belong to the same Apple Card family. This new feature will help them combine their credit limit but keep the lowest interest rates.
iOS 14.7 also includes some minor updates to Maps, making Air Quality on Maps now available in Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain. This new OS also improves Podcasts, Apple Music, and Mail.
Here are the full release notes for iOS 14.7:
- MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user.
- Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod.
- Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain.
- Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows.
- Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music.
- Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop.
- Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored.
- Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages.