Last modified: December 8th, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Apple announced an update to its Fitness+ feature for the Apple Watch, with new episodes of Time to walk, a new Artist Spotlight weekly series, and workouts from fitness expert Jeanette Jenkins. This update is expected to go live on Monday, 28 June.
Time to walk
Time to walk is a popular feature that was launched earlier this year for the Apple Watch. The idea is simple: a guest star walks and talks while you walk along with them and listen. A bit like a podcast but yet different. The Apple Watch shows pictures and illustrations of what the current conversation is about. The guest also plays you up to three of their favorite songs.
This new update expands the list of celebrity guests with Apple planning to add more in the future. The currently confirmed guests for this update are as follows.
- Gina Rodriguez, from the acclaimed television series “Jane the Virgin”,
- Anthony Joshua, British Olympic gold medallist for boxing and two-time Heavyweight Champion of the World,
- Cynthia Erivo, Grammy, Emmy, and Tony Award-winning actress, singer, songwriter, and producer, as well as Academy Award, Golden Globe, and SAG nominee,
- Joan Benoit Samuelson, gold medallist in the first-ever women’s Olympic marathon and winner of multiple international marathons, including Boston and Chicago,
- Marsai Martin, award-winning actress from the hit show “Black-ish” and the youngest working executive producer in Hollywood at age 14 for her feature film “Little”,
- Michaela Jaé “MJ” Rodriguez, actress and singer known for her role in the award-winning drama “Pose”,
- Naomi Campbell, supermodel, activist, and businesswoman,
- Randall Park, actor, writer, and a producer appearing in both the Marvel and DC universes and in the TV series “Fresh Off the Boat”,
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a practicing neurosurgeon, and CNN’s chief medical correspondent, and
- Stephen Fry, actor, writer, and presenter.
The Time to Walk feature now covers over 20 walks.
Artist spotlight series
Fitness+ will introduce the Artist spotlight series for workouts on 28 June. These are workouts where the music soundtrack, such an inspiring part of each workout, will be devoted to the music of one artist only.
The first four artists will be Lady Gaga, Alicia Keys, Keith Urban, and Jennifer Lopez. Each week, for the next four Mondays, there will be new workouts across multiple types including cycling, dance, HIIT, yoga, and much more.
Workouts with Jeanette Jenkins
A guest trainer is a new direction for Apple Fitness+ and the celebrated fitness expert Jeanette Jenkins has created seven workouts focusing on HIIT and strength.
Jenkins has celebrity clients including Pink and Alicia Keys, whom she has been training for more than a decade and you will be able to recognize some of their songs in the background during these workout sessions.
Fitness+ is available in New Zealand at NZ$16.99 per month or annually for NZ$139.99.